Resource Page- Buyers and Sellers
EXAMINE YOUR CREDIT
- Free Credit Report from the 3 major bureaus; Experian, TransUnion, Equifax
This is the only truly free source available to pull your credit. Allowed 1 per Bureau every 12 months.
- Filing a Dispute if you find inaccurate information
- Mortgage Calculator
- Closing costs calculator - Buyers
- Funds at closing calculator - Sellers
- Property Tax bill
- Estimated tax bill
- MD Plat Survey
- Montgomery County Land Survey, Subdivision, Condo Plats
- MD Land Records
- Montgomery County Zoning & Permitting
- Condo FHA approved? VA approved?
- Landlord resources
- Rentals- Lead Registration
- Rental License Montgomery County
- Rental License PG County
- Rentals- valuation, comps, investment decision help
- Property Management help
- PEPCO, 202-833-7500
- Washington Gas, 703-750-1000
- WSSC, 301-206-8000
Cody Kessler, First Home Mortgage, 240-403-7233
Brent Mendelson, Guaranteed Rate, 301-412-0259
Local Title Company, Closing Attorney
Colleen Smyth, Counselor's Title, 301-670-0100
Colleen is an excellent attorney and will do your closing at her office. They will provide a preliminary HUD-1 settlement statement early in the process for a clear understanding of closing costs & money needed (or getting back) at closing.
Local Home Inspector
Terry Ewald, Advanced Pro Inspections, 301-787-0644
Terry is a thorough & very skilled inspector. He also automatically signs you up for Recall notifications on your appliances
Local Homeowner's Insurance Agent
Superior Pest-- 877-284-2466
1) Prevent credit bureaus from selling your info for next 5 years.
If you don't, you will start to receive solicitations at your new address.
2) Place your phone number on the Do Not Call list. Register your cell phone!